As Windows 10 ISO in the most recent release by Microsoft, the software was facing a lot of challenges from the starting time. There were a few bugs wandering across the system, although Microsoft registered the complaints coming out from the users and immediately pulled it out with the fix. The similar problem of disk usage 100% took place which is considered the most common issue Windows 10 was throwing up repeatedly.
The problem with this issue is it slows down the performance of the PC and causes applications to stop responding. This came up as a critical issue for the users and it has been raised to get a permanent fix by Microsoft.
In this article, we have come up with 10 powerful methods to fix 100% disk usage problems in Windows 10. We would suggest you promptly understand the methods to execute it to fix the issue forever. Learn the detailed knowledge about Top Ten Apps For Wifi Hacking On Android.
1. Use Disk Check Utility
We can understand how annoying this problem brings to you. If your system is not performing well and slowing down the speed follow the below steps:
- Open the task manager
- Click on the Process tab
If the top of the disk column is 100% displayed and indicates the color red it confirms that your hard drive is completely involved and the problem is needed to be fixed.
- To fix the issue we would suggest you to:
- Right-Click on the drive to open Properties option
- Click on the Tool tab
- Select the Check option
- Scan the drive to detect the errors
- Repair the drive
2. Using System Antivirus
If you have already made your mind in fixing the disk usage, it is important that your system has an antivirus. We would suggest you go with the option of Malwarebytes anti-malware software which is considered one of the practical options in this area. If you ever feel it to be in a doubt because of the complicated scanning process, simply restart the system and check the amount of hard disk involvement in the task manager.
3. Disable Windows Search Feature
There are maximum chances of the involvement of the hard drive in the Windows search. Windows 10 has a bug called a search loop that can critically affect the hard drive, but there is always a powerful solution for the problems.
- Open the command prompt
- Right-click on the Command Prompt and Run as administrator
- When the Window opens, type: net.exe stop “Windows Search”.
- Further type: services.msc in the dialog box and click Enter to disable this feature permanently.
- Select Disabled from the Start up-drop-down menu and click OK to save the settings.
4. Use of Other Browser Except Chrome
Sometimes Flash is not the right option as it may appear as a cause of system crash, so the easy way to fix disk usage 100% in Windows 10 is to use it in a browser. As it is believed that Google Chrome uses too much of the hard drive. Microsoft Edge can be a good option to carry forward but based on google chrome source code there are the chances to face challenges and risk. To fix the issue, you can also try other browsers such as Mozilla Firefox.
5. Disable Diagnostic Tracking
Diagnostic tracking service operates with a behavior to run with automation, sending data to Mirosoft to improvise the Windows platform. This is the most important and critical method to perform as the users disable the services for their privacy. So to avoid this, in some cases it causes a full hard drive crash and prevents from running it.
6. Fix for Update Issue
If your Windows is getting trouble from automatic updates it can cause the drive to crash and hang. You can follow the below two way to fix the issue:
- Shut down the existing apps and wait for the files to download. If it crashes, restart your PC.
- Restart your PC and wait for Windows Update to fix the issue.
Once all the files have been successfully downloaded, we suggest you update your Windows in no time.
Install the latest SATA Drivers
In the modern computer, the use of SATA drivers for connecting SSDs and HDD and optical drives are not up-to-date. Thus it occurs the error while updating SATA drivers which can take you to the solution.
- Press Windows + X and Select Device Manager
- Open Storage Controllers
- Update the Controllers only if you are unable to detect the right controllers.
The process of updating the right controllers starts with:
- Right-click and select the Update Driver option
- Open the New Window, Select “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer”
- Select the Standard AHCI Controller option.
You can get the latest drivers and install them by following their instructions on the manufacturer’s website.