The user should go to Google Drive’s storage space where they will see how much space is taken by every segment of Google such as Gmail, Google Drive, Google photos. Here users can also check how much remaining storage they have or the user can also upgrade their plan to buy more storage.
In recent days storage is the main problem, every day we want more storage so generally, there are many ways to clean up Google storage so let us take a deep dive into this context. Google gives every user free space for using the Google Drive, by one thing every user should keep in mind that this 15 GB storage includes Google drive as well as Gmail account and Google photos so in normal case people face some storage problem after using all the Google apps for nearly 3 or 4 years.
So at fast without getting too tense the user must find the main problem that why the Google storage is going out and what are the files folders are there that are taking more space.
Recommended Post:- Delete Temporary Files in Windows – Complete Guide
Guidelines to Clean Up Your Google Storage
So at first, the user should go to Google Drive’s storage space where they will see how much space is taken by every segment of Google such as Gmail, Google Drive, Google photos.
Here users can also check how much remaining storage they have or the user can also upgrade their plan to buy more storage.
- One thing every user should keep in mind is that every file that the user saves daily on Google Drive does not get counted like the Google sheets, Google Docs they do not get counted in the storage limit. But only the photos which are larger, that is if the dimensions of the photo are more than 2,046×2,046 pixels and if there are some videos which are longer than 15 minutes duration only those will get counted towards the storage.
- If the user has more PDF files present then he/she can easily convert it to Google docs so that the storage space does not get counted. To do this user must open the desired PDF file and right-click on that file and open it again with Google docs and save the file again in the drive. Now when the PDF file is saved in Google Docs file then the user can easily delete the older PDF file to free some amount of space.
Once the user has deleted the file from the respective location user should again go to the trash folder and click on the delete forever option if the old file is not deleted from the trash then it will continue to take space in the memory.
- Users should also take care of the Google photos because they take maximum space in the memory. Users must try to delete the photos which they have stored for a long time and they are of no use because if they do not delete the old photos then they will not get the storage space to upload some new photos To delete photos. To delete the photos from the Google photos application user must select the respective photos that they want to delete and click on the delete option which is present on the top right corner.
To free up more space users can do a nice thing they can go to the setting menu in the Google photos and select the High Quality. The photos which are stored in High Quality take smaller space than the photos that are automatically stored on the phone. The photos which are automatically stored in the phone are stored in the original resolution size of the photos so they take more storage.
- Now users should also take care of the Gmail account because it takes more than 50% storage of the total Google Drive. So to free up more space users should clean up all the emails which are stored in the Spam folder and also the mail which is of no use. Users must also check the mails with large attached documents because this mail takes too much space. They can download the document on their desktop and then delete that mail. Mainly the attachments are more than 10 Mb in size.
- Also, the user must organize their files in the Google drive, Google photos so that it becomes easy for them to find the files which they want to delete. It sometimes happens that the files which the user does not need are gone somewhere and got hidden and the user cannot find the files and it will continue to take up the storage space.
So one of the best methods to organize the files is to keep them in separate folders so that they could be found easily.
How to Clean Up Your Google Storage
We ensure that you are satisfied with the information that we have provided on the delete temporary files in Windows. Learn the procedure of cleaning up google storage in Windows. This version of Windows won’t harm your system yet it will offer you advanced features and smooth functioning over the workflow. If you ever come across the doubts in cleaning up google storage in Windows then feel free to drop in the query in the comment box and our team of experts will try to solve the query in the least possible time.