The temporary files are generally stored in a temp folder on the desktop which can be located in any drive. We can easily delete these files manually within a minute and it is really easy, so now we will see how to easily delete the temporary files from the desktop.
Microsoft has been a giant player in the software and information technology industry and Windows has been a mastermind of it. Being one of the most powerful software from Microsoft, Windows is constant in delivering attractive user interface and power-back features to the users. Dealing according to the user’s demand, Windows is consistent with the title of one of the best and most popular creations of Microsoft. Moreover, it has been a regular and steady journey for Windows to come up with back-to-back updates and taking technology to the next level.
If you are feeling tense that the disk space in your desktop is getting out of storage day by day so no need to worry. One of the easiest ways to free some disk space on your desktop is by removing the temporary files that are present on your desktop. These are the files that the operating system needs during the first time execution of any task after which it just takes storage space in your desktop.
The temporary files are generally stored in a temp folder on the desktop which can be located in any drive. We can easily delete these files manually within a minute and it is really easy, so now we will see how to easily delete the temporary files from the desktop. Deleting temporary files in Windows is no more complex as it is very easy to get the work done. But a very few users can get to know the exact step to get it done. Here in this article, we will be discussing the major guidelines to delete temporary files in Windows.
Learn more about Tor vs VPN: Which one is better for Privacy, Anonymity, and Security.
Guidelines to Delete Temporary Files In Windows
- First, if the user is using the Windows 10 operating system then he/she must select the Cortana search box which is located on the right side of the start button.
- If the user is using Windows 8.01 Operating System then he/she must go to the start button and then they typically run.
- If someone is using Windows 8.0 go to the app screen and find the run option.
Another shortcut to open the run dialog box in any operating system is to press the Win+R button on the keyboard and the run dialog box will appear instantly.
- At the next step, the user must write a command %temp% in the Run dialog box to go to the temporary files folder.
- Now users have to select all the temporary files they can use Ctrl + A button in the keyboard to select all the temporary files or they can delete according to their wish.
- Then delete all the temporary files from the desktop using the delete button which is present in the keyboard.
- During the deletion process if any skip option comes in front of the user must press on the skip option, then wait for some time till all the temp files are deleted from the folder it may take some time depending on how much storage the temp files are consuming.
- Finally, go to the Recycle bin and empty the bin so that all the temporary files can be deleted from the desktop.
Also if someone is using Windows 10 there is an extra feature available in Windows 10 other than using Run dialog box they can open the Settings option in their Desktop then click on System and then go to Storage and their user can get a message Free up space now they must click on that option they have to select all the files that they want to delete once the selection is over click on the “Remove files” option and all the files will get removed. Here the best feature is that they do not have to go again into the recycle bin and delete the files.
Delete Temporary Files in Windows
We ensure that you are satisfied with the information that we have provided on the delete temporary files in Windows. Learn the procedure of deleting temporary files in Windows. This version of Windows won’t harm your system yet it will offer you advanced features and smooth functioning over the workflow. If you ever come across the doubts in deleting temporary files in Windows then feel free to drop in the query in the comment box and our team of experts will try to solve the query in the least possible time. This software can easily restore deleted files from Windows 8/9/10 respectively.