Internet Explorer for Mac: Software Information.
- Software name: Internet Explorer 5.2.
- Type of software: Web Browser.
- Developer: Microsoft (Lone Author).
Internet Explorer for Mac: Introductions.
On June 17, 2002, Microsoft announced the availability of Internet Explorer 5.2 for Mac OS X. It was the last update for the most popular browser on Mac operating system. Along with this other Microsoft products were also launched in a series for Mac that showed the company’s commitment towards Mac. Not only the Microsoft users but also the Mac users were very satisfied with the product and it received positive reviews. As a result of the fine year agreement between Microsoft and Apple, Explorer became the default browser for Mac till it was surpassed by Apple’s own browser Safari. The browser was not included in the next version of Mac and on 31st January, 2006, the application was removed from the Macintosh download sites. The series of version started from 2 and went on till 5. Although it lagged behind the original version, there were some special developments like its own layout engine Tasman. The initial software was based on the same program lines but it all gradually transformed to different version and later on to the Safari.
Minimum system requirements for Internet Explorer 5.2 for Mac OS X.
These were the minimum specifications necessary to run Internet Explorer on Mac.
- Processor: Macintosh Power PC.
- Operating system: Mac OS X version 10.1 or later.
- Memory: 128 MB of RAM.
- Hard disk: 19.8 MB available.
- Programs: Apple QuickTime version 5.0.2 or later.
- Modem: 9600 bps modem (28.8 kbps or faster)
- Internet access: Internet connection through either an ISP or a network.
Download Internet Explorer for Mac OS X
Internet Explorer 5.2 for Mac OS X
Key features of Windows Internet Explorer for Mac.
These are some of the features that were mainly built exclusively for Mac.
- Support for glosses to Japanese kanji and Chinese characters.
- Scrapbook feature allows user archive pages in their current state.
- Auction Manager automatically tracks eBay auctions.
- Internet Explorer for Mac did not have any PNG support until version 5.0, the PNG support added in that version was unusually robust, including transparency and color correction.
- Matching web page colors using ColorSync was supported.
- Option was provide to change the browser color in order to match the colors of the iMac G3. The first builds had a choice of 9 colors, but later it increased to 15.
- The URL autocomplete window in was translucent and blurred the content behind to maintain readability of the suggested completions.
- It was the first time an application had a blurred translucent window and an effect similar to the look of iOS 7 several years later. The later versions just used Mac OS X built-in window translucency.
- Print Preview function allowed for adjustment of the font-size from within the preview pane.
- Page Holder sidebar function allows users to hold a rendered page in the sidebar.
- As with previous IE Mac versions, and in many other Macintosh internet browser, the URL from which content was downloaded is added to the Finder’s Comment field.
- Internet Configuration system was well supported. Macintosh versions of Internet Explorer were characterized by strong support for Macintosh-only technologies, to give it a feel of Apple.
- Go menu allows access to the browser history.
- Text zoom was also supported.
- These were some of the features that made Explorer suitable and better for Mac.
Internet Explorer for Mac: Overview.
It has been 15 years since the last version of IE was launched for Mac. But still there are ways in which you can use and operate IE on your Mac. There is always a way. As discussed above Safari was introduced to fill up for IE and it did great job. The number of features provided were too good and interesting to use. The interface was a lot better. Moreover it became Apple’s own browser so it had the freedom to perform few experiments on that too. Both the browsers have been updated significantly in there fifteen years. A lot of new browsers have also jumped on the market but it always goes to the pioneers that started or all in the first place. Below the links and the methods are mentioned that will help you to get use it once again on your Mac.
Internet Explorer for Mac: How to install.
Since we have already talked so much about the specifications and the features of this software, let’s get to know how to get it on your system.
- Subscribe to the Modern IE with your Microsoft account.
- Launch the Remote Desktop application that you have downloaded.
- Open it and you will see a number of options in the title bar. Select “Azure RemoteApp.”
- You again log in with your Microsoft account to finally use Internet Explorer on MAC.
- There will be a new window namely “Internet Explorer” to access the web from your Mac.
- Since there are different versions of both Mac and Explorer but using the procedure above you can easily get Explorer 10 or 9 or 8 on Sierra and other OS. The links have been provided for all these versions below.
There are other softwares like Winebottler through which one can operate a series of windows based software which are unsupportive on MAC. So, choose what suits you.
Now-a-days we have got a lot of options to choose from, some in straight forward way or some by means of a little bit trouble but at the end we can have our customized browser on our customized system. So, what are you waiting for, go get it however you like. Follow us for more such updates and information.